Virginia Tech currently employs more than 3,000 graduate and undergraduate students in positions that are specifically designed to meet unique student needs.
The Division of Human Resources does not support university wide student hiring. For general student employment opportunities you contact Career and Professional Development or the Division of Student Affairs or visit the links below. Learn more about the types of employment at Virginia Tech.
- Dining (800-1,100 jobs annually). Learn more about how you can feed your career in Dining Services.
- Graduate Assistantships
- Handshake: External and internal employers looking for students, presented by Career Services
- Recreational Sports
- Residence Life (200 residence advisor positions annually)
- Student Calling Program
- Student Centers and Activities
- Summer Conferences (150 summer jobs annually)