Greater Washington, D.C., metro area
With facilities in Alexandria, Fairfax, Arlington, Falls Church, Leesburg, Manassas, and Middleburg, Virginia Tech's presence in the Greater Washington, D.C. metro area brings pioneering research and top-quality graduate programs to the modern metropolis of Northern Virginia. In the region since 1969, Virginia Tech has a long tradition of creating new knowledge and applying it to the critical problems facing the Washington, D.C. area, the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world.
With several locations just around the corner from Washington, D.C., there are endless opportunities for entertainment and family fun. Booming with economic success, Northern Virginia also fosters a rich environment for professional development and outreach.
- The Greater Washington, D.C., metro area contains seven colleges and more than 45 graduate degree and certificate programs taught by internationally recognized faculty.
- Northern Virginia's transportation infrastructure includes the Washington Metro and two major airports, Dulles International Airport and Reagan National Airport.
- In 2010, the Greater Washington, D.C., metro area reported $10.9 million in sponsored research and the region’s outreach program provided noncredit educational services to 1,681 individuals.
- According to U.S. News & World Report, the top 10 schools in Virginia are all located in Northern Virginia.
This is not a comprehensive list of child care options, rather a resource. For additional information, visit the university's caregiving resources website.
The list of resources, programs, and organizations, external and not affiliated with the university, are for informational purposes and are not endorsed by Virginia Tech. Please consult the necessary professionals, including medical and financial, to determine what is most suitable for your particular needs.
The American Moving and Storage Association provides resources regarding finding reputable moving companies. Employees should research all companies carefully before selecting.
- Arlington Public Schools
- Alexandria City Public Schools
- Alexandria Private Schools
- Fairfax County Public Schools
- Fairfax County Private Schools
- Falls Church City Public Schools
- Falls Church Private Schools
- Loudoun County Public Schools
- Loudoun County Private Schools
- Manassas City Public Schools
- Manassas Private Schools
- Private schools in the Washington DC area