Dual Career Program
Virginia Tech recognizes that meeting the needs of today’s professional couples is a key factor in recruiting and retaining new faculty. Many prospective candidates for faculty positions at Virginia Tech have spouses or partners who are also seeking employment. The Dual Career Program hopes to bring a new level of support to couples and their families when considering new employment opportunities within the university. View the brochure in the right column for more information about Virginia Tech's Dual Career Program.
- Bring the best and brightest dual career couples to campus and to the Blacksburg, New River Valley, and Roanoke Valley communities
- Enhance Virginia Tech’s commitment to diversity, inclusion, and retention of talent
- Provide personalized assistance to new faculty spouses and partners in their job search
- Engage employers of the New River Valley/Roanoke Valley communities to support this program and hire candidates of the Dual Career Program
The Dual Career Program offers assistance for spouses or partners of newly recruited faculty who are in their first year of employment with Virginia Tech.
When requested by a department head or dean, dual career resources are available for a spouse or partner.
- Assistance with identifying employment opportunities both inside and outside Virginia Tech in both the Roanoke and New River Valleys
- Help identifying appropriate employers and job search strategies
- Assistance with resumes, cover letters, and other documents
- Career exploration
- Job coaching
- Mock interviews
- Information on networking strategies and volunteer opportunities
- Relocation and community information
- Confidential assistance
- Serving as your liaison and sending notes on your behalf to departments and companies
The Dual Career Program team understands that every person requires different assistance and will work with each candidate to address their unique needs.
Division of Human Resources
North End Center, Suite 2300 (0318)
300 Turner Street NW
Blacksburg, VA 24061
Hours: Mon. - Fri., 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Manager, Dual Career and Special Projects
Counselor, Dual Career
View our brochure for more information about the Dual Career Program